Catch-Up Report Monday

My, how time flies when you’re busy!  I have six or seven weeks to update you on, so go get your cuppa coffee, and let’s go!

After the State Fair (six ribbons — three were blue), I enjoyed going to two get-away quilt retreats, a Fun Friday stitching at a friend’s home, attended an INSPIRING lecture by Edyta Sitar, and did some other non-quilty fun things as well!


That’s what I worked on at the second retreat.  The following got their borders and are now languishing in the To Be Quilted pile.  The first one may look familiar as I made a queen-sized quilt like this one.  I had 12 blocks left over, so I made a lap-sized quilt.  I knew it needed mitered borders, so this one is ready to quilt.  Arlene, this one is for you!


Old, old, old UFO…like maybe from 2005.  The pattern is from the book “Serendipity Quilts” by Sara Nephew.  This one needed some actual construction in addition to the borders, and I’m thrilled to have the top done.


A queen-sized Christmas Roses quilt I started too long ago to remember!  Just needed borders.

oct-christmas-kaleidoscope And a close-up shot:


This was a problem child…a Jelly Roll Race made from Kaffe Fasset fabric, and I just didn’t like it.  I saw where someone done some slicing and dicing, and added vertical stripes.  At least I don’t hate it now.



We have some new nieces in the family (I think they are great-great nieces, but that gets too complicated) so nieces, it is.  I made up some Minkee snuggle blankies.  They are so quick to make, so maybe now I can match my blanket supply to the booming supply of babies!  MSQC has a video here.

Some of us spent a day making happy birthday runners.  I don’t have the pattern handy (and I changed it up quite a bit anyway).  I’ll add a link when I run across it.


This is a tumbler quilt done in homespun fabrics for Nephew Bill.  Now THIS one needs borders!  Then ready to quilt.



I won a stack of hand-dyed fabrics from Colorways by Vicki Welsh!  You MUST go check out her gorgeous shop here.  These are all hand-dyed gradients!


So with some trepidation, I cut all this beautiful fabric up and have made these blocks so far:


And, Wait!!!  There’s More…

On another front, I’m in a 9-Patch Challenge Exchange.  We have completed our nine months of exchanging blocks, and now it’s time to get designing our quilts…all very secret, of course!  The good news is I got 162 3″ finished nine-patch blocks…the bad news…I need about 80 more.


I’ve done lots of sewing, but this blog post really shows me how much I have to do, so I better put down my cuppa coffee and get busy!

Linking to Judy Laquidara’s Patchwork Times!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Please prove you\'re a real person...thank you! * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.