List updated 05/01/2013
I love the fact that Judy Laquidara isn’t calling this the 2013 UFO Hall of Shame, or something similarly negative. NO! She’s calling it the UFO PARADE, something fun and festive!
I’ve reorganized my list to show what I consider to be UFOs — projects that were started and, for whatever reason, were shoved into a tote box and are now stored on a shelf; FLIMSIES — completed quilt tops that were not quilted and bound; and ONGOING LONG-TERM Projects — the journey of sewing these projects is the goal, not speedy completion.
- Strippie Puppy quilt. Finished 4/16/2013
- Good Ship Noah quilt. Finished 4/15/2013
3. Kaleidoscope # 1 (huge quilt, small portion shown below. Created from the book by Sara Nephew: Serendipity Quilts. I’m going to LOVE this one, but lots of work left.
4. Kaleidoscope #2. Similar to #1, but not pictured.
5. 7′ pine tree (pattern by Sandi Irish). A small part of the tree is done. Piecing…then Quilt & Bind.
6. Cranes kaleidoscope (nothing to show — it’s triangles in a box!
7. Flannel lap quilt (Yellow Brick Road pattern in “manly” colors), pieced and quilted. Finish Piecing. Quilt & Bind.
8. One-block wonder (doing a different setting due to poor fabric choice on my part. New setting will be created from Pdudgeon’s suggestion. Thanks, Pam!) Ugh: Lots of piecing. Quilt & Bind.
9. Piece/quilt/bind Irish Jewels, an original interpretation of a traditional block. I have one block done, so I have a ways to go! Lots of Piecing. Quilt & Bind.
10. Christmas roses kaleidoscope (waaaay old; might be missing some fabric, so will be a REAL challenge). No picture yet. Almost finished top. then Quilt & Bind.
11. Homespuns Tumbler quilt. Finish sewing rows together. Quilt & Bind. For Nephew Bill. Due in August
12. Black/White/Red quilt from Susan Nelson’s book — for guild challenge due in September. Finish piecing. Quilt & Bind. Due Mid-September
13. “Branching Out”, pieced & applique’d wall hanging. 12 pieced blocks done. 2 out of 13 applique’d blocks done. Due in December
14. Port “A” Stars. I think the top is done…may need one more border. Quilt & Bind.
15. Shadow Stars. A JudyL quilt-along. Loved it so much, started TWO quilts! So I guess this is 15A and 15B. Piecing, Quilt & Bind.
16. Pinwheels & Posies. Started in a class…and then it died. Applique. Quilt & Bind.
17. Terry Atkinson’s Urban Cabin. Probably halfway pieced. Then Quilt & Bind.
18. Turquoise sampler blocks, group quilt. Blocks are done, and I’ve found a setting I like. Finish top. Quilt & Bind. July Retreat
Flimsies (finished tops):
19. “Mom’s Quilt”. I was piecing this for my mom, but she passed away last summer before it was finished. When it is finished, it will be sent to another family member. It is now a completed top, lap size. Quilt & Bind. Due April
20. Cowboy Boots friendship quilt with each boot made by a different quilting friend. I embroidered the maker’s name on each block. This is now a completed top. Quilt & Bind.
21. Charming Log Cabin in pinks (pattern by Threaded Pear, Afternoon Delights Series). I have made the top, and I hate it. (Poor choice of fabrics.) I think it needs a little applique on it. Or maybe just quilted and donated. Or maybe just given away.
22. Brights Tumbler baby quilt. Quilt & Bind.
23. Pinwheel baby quilt. Quilt & Bind.
24. Arlene’s lap quilt in a 4-Patch Posy pattern. Quilt & Bind. Due in May
25. Kaleidoscope quilt for Ashton’s teacher. Quilt & Bind. Due Mid-May
26. Colton’s baby quilt — Minkee mint-green & white squares. Quilt & Bind. Due in April
27. Blue & Yellow baby quilt. Quilt & Bind.
28. Strippie baby quilt, pink & brown teddy bears. Quilt & Bind.
29. A Wonky Scrap Quilt from a JudyL quilt-along. Top is finished. Quilt & Bind. Will be donated to a neighboring city for their celebration this summer. Due Mid-May
30. Charm Squares quilt. Very floral, lots of green and pinks. Top is done. Quilt & Bind.
31. Quilt & Bind Summer’s quilt, 1910 9-Patch. Due End of May
32. Minnesota Bear Paws (this was a quilt-along with Judy Laquidara quite a while ago (variation made to the border(s). I made it out of Minnesota fabrics. Quilt & Bind.
33. Quilted roses wall hanging (soooo old…early quilting skills…what more can I say?) Quilt & Bind & Find a new home for it.
34. Alaskan Stars. Maybe my oldest UFO…10 years? Quilt & Bind. Due in December
Ongoing Long-Term Projects:
35. Farmer’s Wife Sampler. Lost interest for now. May finish as a small quilt and be done with it.
36. Grandmother’s Flower Garden, although I really don’t consider this to be a UFO, more of a very long-term project. I’m making it in ’30s fabrics with a slate gray “path”.