Minkee on the front and back of a quilt may not be a good idea on a domestic sewing machine, but it works just fine on my longarm. Because this little quilt is for a tyke (grand-nephew Colton) in Arizona, I’m not using any batting. He happens to be visually challenged, so I think the soft Minkee will be fun for him.
The down side is that the quilting (stars and loops) scarcely shows on the front. I think it may show a bit more on the back. Well, that’s what I get with no batting to plump it up.
I’ve also worked some more on my Quilting Room Cleaning/Reorganization. And yes, it deserves capital letters! I bought this closet organizer unit from target a couple of years ago. My fat quarters fit perfectly in the space designed for shoes. I have yardage (up to 3-yard cuts) wrapped around comic boards in the very top. There are two drawers: one containing various rulers, and the other holds extension cords and various clip-on lights and Ott lights.
THEN I thought I was so clever and filled the lower spaces with yarn. I put 3-4 skeins in each little cubby. And there my yarn died. Out of sight, out of reach. So I gave the yarn away.
My new plan is putting a little container or tray in each of the 15 openings, and I can pull everything in that cubby out easily. When I’m done moving things around and sorting, I will label the various trays. There are certain things I can never find easily, and they will get a slot: velcro, my hot glue guns, various tools, little hardware closure thingies.
Linking to Judy Laquidara’s Patchwork Times