I love Judy Laquidara’s DWMs, as it makes me take stock of what I’ve done the past week and document what I’m working on now. I’m also going to include some to-do items.
I am plugging away on my Farmer’s Wife Sampler blocks. I’ve found a better way to add photos to my “FWS” tab at the top of this blog. When I added the thumbnail-sized photos one by one, they ended up all willy-nilly and not lining up at all.
New Plan: I’m waiting until I have six blocks to add, then doing a collage with Picasa. In fact, that’s my new goal: Six new blocks a month. I should really aim for six new blocks a week, but that isn’t going to happen!
An additional note on the Farmer’s Wife Sampler: I am using fabrics I won on Vicky’s site (a tower of gorgeous civil war fabrics — 40 FQs!.) I love them, but I think my blocks are getting a little “matchy-matchy” for my taste. I am going to start introducing some fabrics that are similar but not in this line. And a big THANK YOU again to Vicky for offering up these fabrics. Winning them got me started on the FWS in the first place.
To-Do List (and this will take more than a week…):
- I need to get our Italy pictures (from OCTOBER already!!!) organized into a book through MyPublisher, while I can still remember what we saw and what we did and who we were with!
- Work on Judy L’s May challenge with Vicki W’s fabulous hand-dyed fabric in reds (from light rose to burgundy set in semi-black).
- I have a decorator coming today to help me with re-purposing a couple of areas of our house and coming up with a new arrangement/focal point for a third area. Hmm, I should remember to take some “before” pictures. I’ve always enjoyed doing my own decorating (such as it is), but with these three rooms I wanted to call in some extra planning help to avoid my making any costly mistakes. I’ll still be making my own choices and doing my own “thing”. She will make recommendations, but it’s up to me to choose what I want to do.
- I need to finish reading this month’s book club selection, “The Three Weissmanns of Westport” by Cathleen Schine. Soon. Real soon. Cuz book club is tomorrow!
- Finish making a little evening bag out of one man’s tie. It’s gonna be cute!