Judy Laquidara over at Patchwork Times is hosting a UFO Challenge for next year. Participants list 12 unfinished projects, and Judy will draw a number (from 1-12, of course) each month to see which project we are to complete that month. That will work pretty well for me, except I’m going to have to fudge a couple of months because of travel and adjust my projects to fit her numbering. Won’t matter. 12 Projects. 12 Months. Goal: 12 Completions!
The Dirty Dozen:
- Big Kaleidoscope Quilt that I worked on last month. I started this approximately three years ago with great gusto, only to have it packed up in a box. 9 out of 16 blocks made.
- Judy’s Star BOM. Love this quilt, started it a couple of years ago, life got in the way…almost all the blocks are made.
- Turquoise Sampler. Oooh, a newer UFO! Started as a block exchange in June 2010. Six blocks done, six 12″ blocks to be made plus filler blocks (geese, baskets, trees, etc.)
- One Block Wonder. All the half-hexies are made. Hate it. Someone (I think it was Pam D) suggested framing each whole hexie with black and it would like kind of like a field of paperweights. Gonna love it!
- Bears in the Woods. This is the bear paw pattern done with Judy L a couple of years ago. Ready to quilt and bind.
- Cowboy Boots. All the blocks are done. They will get a wonky frame and set with sashing. Stars in the corners. Very YEE-haw! Don’t have a picture of this one.
- Linens & Lace Lap Quilt. Smaller version of this quilt. For friend Arlene.
- Civil War Stars. Star quilt with Judy L. Love it so much, started making two. Or maybe it will be one giant one. Maybe 75% of the blocks are made for both quilts. (The actual name of Judy’s pattern is Shine On Bayou Cane.)
- Drunkard’s Path. Blocks are made.
- Posies & Pinwheels. Took a class from friend June. Blocks are pieced. Need to applique some honeybee tear drops in the corners. Also has a pieced border. I’m starting to remember why it isn’t done yet…
- Jim’s Lucky Stars quilt done in Alaska fabrics. One of my oldest UFOs. I think the top is done, just needing quilting. And 11b, I’d like to get a hand-dyed wholecloth quilt quilted. Vicki W. dyed the top for me, and it’s going to be fun to quilt. Need to do a picture.
- Rose Basket Wall Hanging. Done, needing quilting. Always thought maybe I would hand quilt it. hahahahaha. It’s going to go under the Gammill.
Thank you, Judy, for hosting another fun year-long event! To sign up, go here.